The history of Public Bathhouse No 7 (now The Lyceum) - Brooklynology
The bath was a popular desination for residents of South Brooklyn, particularly in the summer months. It was closed in 1935 for renovations and remained that way until a group of protestors voiced their need for the facility. On July 8, 1937, a group of sweaty kids rallied outside the boarded up bathhouse, led by Joe Rutico, known as the "King of the Kids." Protesters shouted, "Down with Washtubs. We want our shower baths."
The Last Porn Theater in Brooklyn? - Sheepshead Bites
Red Hook's Paris Burlesque Club now a common-or-garden strip-joint? -Brooklyn Paper
Brooklyn Streetcar Artists' : Group Show at Coney Island Hospital - Sheepshead Bites